Monday, October 8, 2012

Dark Feet and Dark Wings

I find something magical about being willing to step away from what is comfortable and stable into the darkness, into the unknown. It's these blind steps which strip all the haze that blocks my vision. And you know, I find that when I make those courageous steps, everything narrows, and for a breathtaking moment everything is dark. But it's amazing how what really matters suddenly starts to shine, like fireflies dancing against the pitch, leading me forward. I feel like for me, creating a relationship with the unknown is sometimes the price to grow in the ways I really need to grow. I have amazing presence in those moments when I can't see where I'm going but walk forward nonetheless. This relationship with the unknown empowers me with a simple yet crucial investigative vulnerability. It shakes me enough to really open my eyes. With my faculties honed, the sleepiness of mundane life shaken from my eyes, I feel alive, more present, more like myself than I have in years. Yes, the darkness can be scary. It can also be mystical and magical. Like Wendell Berry says in his poem To Know the Darkness: To go into the dark with a light is to know the light. To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight, and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings, and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings. I invite you to take a step into the darkness. You know that scary thing that sort of nags you, that you almost don't dare to consider because then you may have to confront it? I invite you to consider stepping toward that thing. Yep. And even thinking about it, it's already begun. Take that step. Rest assured, you will be challenged. But you too will create a relationship with the unknown and you will grow and bloom and discover new things about yourself that will most likely surprise and amaze you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Darkness...when I ran off into the mountainside, my breath was taken, right out of my gut. Tho, it was not dark. It was glimmering brilliant aspengold. My heart was warmed like a teepee fire. I moaned with despair only to know that I can and will bloom and sing. The fireflies are leading me to a stash of treasure in a dusty corner. I can't wait to blow it off and let it shine. Thanks Scott for a beautiful fall retreat at WCO. -Tam

Anonymous said...

Buy sativa cannabis online | Buy indica weed-medimarijuanaweed.com
medimarijuanaweed.com is a reputable trusted supplier of medical marijuana or cannabis in Canada,USA,EU,AUand most regions in the world. There is a vast array of products,you can order medical marijuana online including indica weed,sativa cannabis,hybrid cannabis,Rick Simpson Oil,cannabis Ruderalis,cannabis oils,marijuana or cannabis seeds.Other marijuana and cannabis accessories are also available in our stores.
Buy sativa cannabis online today from our stores and enjoy discrete quick delivery with tracking option worldwide
http://www.medimarijuanaweed.com
email: sales@medimarijuanaweed.com